Continuing on, we shall explain the basic method of creating a test using the browser test version of MagicPod.
- Daily batch test run schedule settings
- Introduction of features for ease of use
1. Daily batch test run schedule settings
Once you have created several tests, you can schedule them to run as a batch job every day, and configure the results to be sent using email or Slack notifications.
1-1. Create MagicPod batch run settings
Go to the project screen, and click Details on the Batch runs tab.
Click Schedule batch run.
Select Enable schedule and set your desired time and day.
Then the scheduled day and time will be displayed.
1-2. Set up test results email notification
Next, we shall consider the test results notification settings.
To configure email notifications, click Common settings and set the Notify test result by email option to Enabled. (The default is to provide notifications.)
1-3. Set up test results Slack notification
To configure Slack notifications, click Common settings and set the Notify test result by Slack option to Enabled. Then, you'll see Add, so click it.
When the popup window appears, input your desired name and click Add to Slack.
Select the channels for which you wish to send notifications, and click Allow.
For the method of setting whether to provide notification(s) of Success/Failure/Requires Confirmation/Suspension, see Set up test results notification.
For a detailed explanation of batch runs, see Run batch tests.
2. Introduction of features for ease of use
If you wish to know all the commands, see Command list.
FAQ and tips for operation in the early stages of installation are presented in Tips for initial introduction (Browser).
- File upload tests
- File download test You can check the download results here.
- Close the alert
- Email tests
- Test a site with basic authentication enabled
- Test a screen where you need to scroll
- Utilize shared steps No limit on the number of creations
- Utilize variables
- Utilize conditional branching
- Visual diff checks
- Test separate tabs and separate windows
- Acquicre temporarily displayed element captures
- Switch test execution environments (Switch domain to use test cases)
- Change a browser window size
- Test a mobile website
- Test using external cloud services
- Run only specific test cases as a batch
- Browser test frequently asked questions
Next, we shall explain the screens and terms used for the various settings.