Continuing on, we shall explain the basic method of creating a test using the browser test version of MagicPod.
- Daily batch run schedule settings
- Introduction of functions for ease of use
1. Daily batch run schedule settings
Once you have created several tests, you can schedule them to run as a batch job every day, and configure the results to be sent using email or Slack notifications.
1-1 Schedule settings
Go to the project screen, and click "Settings▼" from the “Batch runs” tab.
Click the mark "︙"and select “Schedule batch run”.
Select “Enable schedule” and set your desired time and day.
1-2 Email notifications
Next, we shall consider the test results notification settings.
To configure email notifications, go to “Common settings” > ”Notify test result by email”
1-3. Slack notifications
To configure Slack notifications, go to “Common settings”>“Notify test result by Slack” > “Add”
When the popup window appears, input your desired name and click “Add to Slack”.
Select the channels for which you wish to send notifications, and click “Allow”.
For the method of setting whether to provide notification(s) of Success/Failure/Requires Confirmation/Suspension, see Notification of test results.
For a detailed explanation of batch runs, see Running batch tests/running command line tests
2. Introduction of features for ease of use
If you wish to know all the commands→Command list
- How to use quick edit mode You can add elements with one-click, without dragging them
- File upload tests
- File download test You can check the download results here.
- Close the alert
- Email tests
- I want to test sites on which basic authentication is enabled
- Testing screens where you need to scroll
- Utilization of shared steps This makes running tests easier. No limit on the number of creations
- Utilizing variables
- Utilizing conditional branching
- Visual Diff Checks
- Testing separate tabs and separate windows
- Acquiring temporarily displayed element captures
- Switching test execution environments (switch domain to use test cases)
- Changing the browser window size
- Mobile website testing
- External Cloud service testing
- I want to run only specific test cases as a batch
- Browser Test Frequently Asked Questions
Next, we shall explain the screens and terms used for the various settings.