Continuing on, we shall explain the basic method of creating a test using the browser test version of MagicPod.
- Daily batch run schedule settings
- Introduction of functions for ease of use
1. Daily batch test run schedule settings
Once you have created several tests, you can schedule them to run as a batch job every day, and configure the results to be sent using email or Slack notifications.
1-1. Create MagicPod batch run settings
Go to the project screen, and click Settings▼ on the Batch runs tab.
Click ︙ > Schedule batch run.
Select Enable schedule and set your desired time and day.
1-2. Set up test results email notification
Next, we shall consider the test results notification settings.
To configure email notifications, go to Common settings > Notify test result by email.
1-3. Set up test results Slack notification
To configure Slack notifications, go to Common settings > Notify test result by Slack > Add.
When the popup window appears, input your desired name and click Add to Slack.
Select the channels for which you wish to send notifications, and click Allow.
For the method of setting whether to provide notification(s) of Success/Failure/Requires Confirmation/Suspension, see Set up test results notification.
For a detailed explanation of batch runs, see Run batch tests and command line tests
2. Introduction of features for ease of use
If you wish to know all the commands→Command list
- File upload tests
- File download test You can check the download results here.
- Close the alert
- Email tests
- Test a site with basic authentication enabled
- Test a screen where you need to scroll
- Utilize shared steps This makes running tests easier. No limit on the number of creations
- Utilize variables
- Utilize conditional branching
- Visual diff checks
- Test separate tabs and separate windows
- Acquicre temporarily displayed element captures
- Switch test execution environments (Switch domain to use test cases)
- Change a browser window size
- Test a mobile website
- Test using external cloud services
- Run only specific test cases as a batch
- Browser test frequently asked questions
Next, we shall explain the screens and terms used for the various settings.