When performing a browser test on the Mac, the screen capture in the “Window” range is completely dark
This occurs on Mac OS Catalina (version 10.15) and above.
To resolve this, add a check to “MagicPodDesktop” in Mac “System Environment Settings” > “Security & Privacy” > “Screen Recording”, and relaunch MagicPodDesktop.
Other unrelated Window screen captures can be acquired
If there is a separate window above the browser window, the image of the window above will be acquired. You can avoid this problem by making shown that none of the windows overlap when running the test.
Unable to acquire screen captures for tests run on an external display
In case multiple displays are being used, the display during test execution will automatically be detected and acquired. However, it may not be acquired correctly in the following cases.
- When using a Mac, you should run the test on your main display, as it does not support external display detection.
- In case the window on which you are running the test straddles multiple windows, it will not be detected correctly. Ensure that it fits within just one display window.
- In case you are using a high-resolution display, such as a laptop PC, and a normal external display, set the high-resolution display as the main display. If you do the opposite, the test execution shall stop and you will not be able to progress.
- If the display is arranged in a special way, detection may fail. If things do not work well, try modifying this arrangement.
- Example where detection is possible
- Example in which detection fails (the position of the sub-display extends past the edge of the main display)