*Exclusive organization user functionality is available only for Enterprise Plan subscribers.
Table of Contents
- What is an exclusive organization user?
- Enabling the exclusive organization user function
- Method of creating an exclusive organization user
- Method of confirming exclusive organization users
1. What is an exclusive organization user?
Organizations that have enabled the exclusive organization user functionality can create "Exclusive Organization Users," which are user accounts that can only be used within that organization.
Exclusive organization users have the following advantages:
- The administrator invites users to the organization and new user accounts are created. This means that there is no need for users to create MagicPod user accounts in advance.
- Exclusive organization users cannot belong to other organizations, which prevents users from creating and working in other organizations on their own without the knowledge of the administrator.
- The administrator can view the e-mail addresses of exclusive organization users in the member list.
Note that if an ordinary user is switched to an exclusive organization user, this user cannot become a member of another organization and cannot be switched back to being an ordinary user.
2. Enabling the exclusive organization user function
To create exclusive organization users, it is necessary to enable the exclusive organization user function in the organization settings.
The settings for exclusive organization user functions can be changed (Figure 2) by users with organization update privileges, such as the organization administrator, from the organization's settings page (Figure 1).
Figure 1: Organization setting page
Figure 2: Exclusive organization user function settings
3. Method of creating an exclusive organization user
When the exclusive organization user function is enabled, exclusive organization users can be created.
There are two methods for creating exclusive organization users.
Invite as an exclusive organization user
Once the exclusive organization user function is enabled, users with update privileges for the organization, such as the organization's administrator, can be invited to MagicPod as an exclusive organization user from the New User Invitation page (Figure 3).
Figure 3: New user invitation page
Change own account to exclusive organization user
If you belong to only one organization and that organization has enabled the exclusive organization user feature, you can change your account (Figure 5) to an exclusive organization user from the Account Settings (Figure 4).
Figure 4: Account settings
Figure 5: Changes to exclusive organization users
4. Method of confirming exclusive organization users
Users with organization member browsing privileges can confirm exclusive organization users from the organization member page (Figure 6).
The “OO (Organization name) exclusive user” label is attached to the exclusive organization user, and displayed in their email address.Figure 6: Organization member page
Additionally, if you belong to only one organization and that organization has enabled the exclusive organization user feature, you can check whether your account is an exclusive organization user account on the account settings page (Figure 7).
Figure 7: Confirming exclusive organization users